Georgette is a lightweight fabric, often made of silk or polyester. It is
slightly heavier and more opaque than chiffon. The twisted crepe fibers from
which georgette fabric is made give it a springy quality that makes it seem
to move on its own.
Indian market is famous for georgette salwar kameez. These georgette salwar
kameezs come in various colours and designs suitable for all kinds of
occasion. Variety of designs available in georgette salwar kameezs
- Printed georgette salwar kameez. The prints can be block print, tie
and dye prints, hand printed etc.
- The look of georgette salwar kameez is enhanced by zori or zardosi
or embroidery work.
- There can also be beads or sequins or mirror work on georgette
- Stripe or checks prints on georgette salwar kameez is also popular.
- Designer georgette salwar kameez.
Georgette, being a graceful fabric, georgette salwar kameez is
preferred by Indian women for formal or other festive occasions.