The Salwar kameez is gaining in popularity fast with both the younger and
older generation. New designers have come up with great variations of the
Salwar kameez. Bombay, the hub of fashion creates some innovations in salwar
suit variety almost everyday. Available in innumerable range, salwar kameez
is demanded by women of all ethnicities and age groups and can be worn for
Who wants to go bankrupt on finding "THE PERFECT" ensemble for
any formal occasion or adding variety to our everyday clothing? Salwar
Kameez is the ideal choice. Even formal salwar kameez tend to cost less than
western formal clothing.
Indian formal or party wear salwar suits are generally made up of a silk,
satin, crepe, chiffon and georgette fabrics, can be worn on festivals or
other celebrations. The party wear Indian salwar kameez decorated with
embroidery and mirror work is very feminine and graceful.
- Indian party wear salwar kameez come in many different styles.
- Some prefer to go for short kurtas with intricate embroidery and
- Many could afford more intricate brocade, tanchoi and heavy satins
even with real gold and silver embroidery, studded with precious stones.
- Pakistani salwar suits too are very popular.
- Chikankari, Zardosi, Bandhej, Phulkari, beaded sequins, mirror work
and block cum handprints are all time favorites among the ladies.
- Some ladies prefer fusion wear like sleeveless top style kameez with
long slits and deep cuts or spaghetti kurtas to give a modern look.
- For marriage and festivals, they will go for heavy embroiderd salwar
- Fashion designers follow blending concepts in terms of designs and
patterns using a great combination of silk or cotton threads.
- Young girls who wish to make their own fashion style generally
choose designer salwar kameez which is modern yet has the touch of