Embroidered sarees are famous for their royal look and rich feel. Indian
embroidered saree comes in different styles and designs. Embroidered Indian
sarees in resham, gota patti, zari, gold & silver threads work give a
collection of embroidered fancy sarees which are preferred for wedding and
any formal occasion. The simple thread embroidered sarees are also popular.
Any saree whether silk, crepe, cotton, georgettee gets an enhanced look with
The highlight of the embroidered sari is vibrant colour contrasts, rich
patterns and sparkling mirror work. There are many different types of embroidery, each with their own
characteristics and methods. Each state of our country is a specialist in
its own kind of embroidery. There is some cross over between styles, but
each style has distinctive methods, stitches and colours from which it can
Varieties of Indian Embroidered Sarees
- Phulakari Embroidered Saree: The floss silk thread used to create motifs of flowers is the main
highlight of 'phulkari' embroidery on these Indian ethnic saris, popular
- Chikan Embroidered Sari:'Chikan' work of Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) is characterised by the delicate embroidery in white threads either in cotton or in silk. Chikankari embroidery was introduced by the Mughal empress Noor Jahan. Originally worked on fine muslin, today find chikankari saris are made on chiffon or other fine materials. Chikan embroidered sarees in cotton are considered to be one of the most elegant sarees.
- Zordozi Embroidery Saree:'Zardozi' of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) is worked in gold thread. Zardozi embroidery is another traditional and ancient form of hand embroidery which is beautifully used to adorn a traditional Indian saree.
- Kantha Embroidered Sarees: The Kantha embroidery is a traditional embroidery style from the state of West Bengal in India. Kantha is a type of running stitch decoration that show folk motifs along with floral, animal and geometric designs. Kantha embroidered sarees were commonly worn by bengali women but today theyare preferred by many.The threads from the old saree borders have created the beautiful 'Kantha' work of West Bengal.
- Zari Embroidered Saree: Fine quality gold thread 'zari' embroidery is found in Bareilly, Benaras (Varanasi), Lucknow and Agra. These days silver zari is equally
- Resham embroidered sarees are also very popular.
- There are sarees having intricate and heavy embroidery in sequins
and dabka work.
- We also have the gota patti and kundan work embroidery.
Heavy Embroidered Saree
Other Popular Varieties
Among the types of Indian embroidered sarees available are:
- Aari work sarees
- Sitara work saree designs
- Shibori sarees
- Sequins saris
- Resham embroidery sarees
- Mirror work saree designs
- Neemzari sarees
- Parsi sareee
- Stone studded sarees
- Booti work sarees
- Meenakari sarees
- Cutdana sari designs
- Beads work sarees
- Patch work sarees
Whatever the design, style or colour of these embroidered sarees, it is
a known fact that these sarees are always gorgeous and reflect richness and
Send online enquiry for wholesale purchase of Embroidered Sarees and get the best response from embroidered saree wholesalers.