Zari sarees are very famous in Indian wedding. Zari is a type of thread
made of fine gold or silver wire used in traditional Indian garments.
This thread is woven into fabrics, primarily made of silk to create
intricate patterns. India has long been known for its golden thread of
zari. Zari, the traditional art work has been passed down through the
generations in India.
Even in the ancient times, zari was known to adorn the attire of Gods
and thus holds a distinguished place among all the crafts. The same
heavenly feel is brought alive in the form of ethnic Indian zari sarees
by our crafstmen. India's master craftsmen are proud to produce the
richest collection of intricately embroidered zari sarees & wedding
zari sarees with fine embroidery which is admired worldwide.
Almost all sarees from various regions have zari work in them which
give them an enhanced look. Various designs are available such as:
- The wedding zari saris have intricate embroidered patterns
highlighted with embroidery material like stars and spangles,
chalak, kinari, salma etc., which give a new definition to the
golden and silver wires that form the base of Zari.
- In some sarees, only the border is in silver or gold zari.
- Some sarees have beautiful zari line pot coming as the body with
a zari pallu and the border too is in zari embroidery.
- Some sarees have the body with overall boontis of gold zari.
- There are metallic zari work sarees as well.