is a beautiful clothing and with all those different types of sarees, you
have got a plenty of options to choose from. However, not all sarees look
good on everyone. You have to be very selective while
should always buy saree by keeping your weight, height, and skin complexion
in consideration. The fabric and design of a saree has to be complementary
to your body type. Here are some tips for wearing saree
according to your
Saree for Overweight Women
If you choose the right fabric and
drape the saree in right manner, you can look far slimmer than your actual
- Buy sarees made of lighter fabrics. Overweight women look good in
crepe sarees and such
other lightweight sarees. These sarees drape and fit close to your body
and give you slimmer appearance
- Stiff cotton sarees
will give you a heavier look. Try to avoid them. However, if you love
handloom sarees made
from cotton, buy those which are in light cotton or those which are
mixed with other fabrics. Some
sarees of south
India like 'cotton silk sarees' will suit you more than the
traditional heavy cotton sarees.
- Don't wear a saree made of heavy or glossy material.
- For plus size women, dark colors are good for not only sarees but for
other clothings too.
- Learn how to wear saree properly because sarees unnecessarily tucked
at various places give an untidy look apart from making you appear fat.
- If you have a tummy and want to wear a saree made of heavy or thick
fabric like a banarasi
saree, then avoid tucking too many pleats at the waist near to
your navel. Adjust the pleats in such a way that they do not all fall at
one place only.
Saree for Slim Women
of the sarees including the You should wear those sarees that bring volume
with them. However, they have to be worn gracefully without giving a clumsy
- Buy sarees that are made from heavier fabrics like
heavy silk sarees, cotton
- Heavily embellished sarees like rich
and more traditional kanjeevaram
sarees will look good on you.
- Tissue sarees and
organza sarees also give a fuller effect and are apt for slim women.
- If you are tall along with being slim, go for
printed sarees that
have big and attractive prints and motifs on them.
- If you are shorter in height, go for sarees that have small borders
or no borders at all. Bigger borders will make you look shorter. Also
opt for delicate small prints and stripes to give an impression of
- Light colored sarees, particularly pastel shades will suit your body
- Heavily embellished Lehenga style saris also go well with slim body
- If you have a square body type or a straight torso and lack curves
then you must consider wearing pre-stitched sarees. Its even better if
you can get it customized so that the saree could be stitched to
accentuate your figure.